Forensics with Vernier
Download the Student Labs for Your Evaluation
Sample PDFs of the computer editions of these labs do not include essential teacher information, safety tips, or sample data. We recommend that you purchase the book before performing labs.
DUAL-RANGE FORCE SENSOR
STAINLESS STEEL TEMPERATURE PROBE
NO SENSOR USED
By Jacklyn Bonneau
Based on the book Forensics: Connecting Science Investigations with TI Data Collection Activities, this book is designed for teachers at the high school level who wish to introduce their students to forensics using engaging and realistic laboratory activities with Vernier probeware. The book contains 14 lab activities dealing with various aspects of forensic science.
Each lab is preceded by a short scenario that introduces the concepts or methods to be addressed in the lab. These introductory sequences are designed to "hook" the students and show them situations that require various forensic techniques. The Case Analysis questions for each activity relate to the concepts and techniques addressed in the lab, and many require the students to "solve" the crime introduced in the scenario with the data they collect.
This book has printed student instructions for computer data collection with LabQuest App and EasyData instructions on the accompanying CD.
Each Vernier Lab Book includes:
- Complete student experiments with materials list, step-by-step instructions, data tables, and questions.
- Teacher Information section for each experiment with complete directions for setting up experiments, helpful hints, and sample graphs and data.
- Word-processing files of the student sections on a CD so that any experiment may be easily edited to your specifications (Microsoft Word for Macintosh and Windows files).
- CD includes instructions to perform the experiments on every supported platform:
- LabQuest in Stand-Alone Mode
- Calculator (EasyData)