Nuclear radiation with Vernier
Download the Student Labs for Your Evaluation
Sample PDFs of the computer editions of these labs do not include essential teacher information, safety tips, or sample data. We recommend that you purchase the book before performing labs.
DIGITAL RADIATION MONITOR
- Alpha, Beta, Gamma
- Background Radiation Sources
- Counting Statistics
- Distance and Radiation
- Lifetime Measurement
- Radiation Shielding
By John Gastineau
This book contains six experiments for data collection with a radiation monitor including Distance and Radiation, Counting Statistics, Lifetime Measurement, Background Radiation Sources, Radiation Shielding, and Alpha, Beta, and Gamma.
Each Vernier Lab Book includes:
- Complete student experiments with materials list, step-by-step instructions, data tables, and questions.
- Teacher Information section for each experiment with complete directions for setting up experiments, helpful hints, and sample graphs and data.
- Word-processing files of the student sections on a CD so that any experiment may be easily edited to your specifications (Microsoft Word for Macintosh and Windows files).
- CD includes instructions to perform the experiments on every supported platform:
- LabQuest in Stand-Alone Mode
- Calculator (DataRad)
- Palm® Handheld