Physics with Vernier
Download the Student Labs for Your Evaluation
Sample PDFs of the computer editions of these labs do not include essential teacher information, safety tips, or sample data. We recommend that you purchase the book before performing labs.
- Air Resistance
- Back and Forth Motion
- Ball Toss
- Cart on a Ramp
- Determining g on an Incline
- Energy in Simple Harmonic Motion
- Energy of a Tossed Ball
- Graph Matching
- Impulse and Momentum
- Momentum, Energy and Collisions
- Simple Harmonic Motion
- Static and Kinetic Friction
DUAL-RANGE FORCE SENSOR
STAINLESS STEEL TEMPERATURE PROBE
- Accelerations in the Real World
- Bungee Jump Accelerations
- Centripetal Accelerations on a Turntable
- Newton's Second Law
MAGNETIC FIELD SENSOR
- The Magnetic Field in a Coil
- The Magnetic Field in a Slinky
- The Magnetic Field of a Permanent Magnet
By Kenneth Appel, John Gastineau, Clarence Bakken,
and David Vernier
Physics with Vernier has 35 experiments in mechanics, sound, light, electricity, and magnetism. This book has a wide variety of experiments for Motion Detectors, Force Sensors, Light Sensors, Magnetic Field Sensors, Microphones, Current & Voltage Probes, Photogates, Temperature Probes, and Accelerometers.
Each Vernier Lab Book includes:
- Complete student experiments with materials list, step-by-step instructions, data tables, and questions.
- Teacher Information section for each experiment with complete directions for setting up experiments, helpful hints, and sample graphs and data.
- Word-processing files of the student sections on a CD so that any experiment may be easily edited to your specifications (Microsoft Word for Macintosh and Windows files).
- CD includes instructions to perform the experiments on every supported platform:
- LabQuest in Stand-Alone Mode
- Calculator (EasyData and Datamate)
- Palm® Handheld